With today’s homes being built to be more energy efficient, with tighter and tighter seals, it’s hard for fresh outside air to get in. The result is stuffy, stale air trapped inside your home or office…with YOU! That’s why you need help keeping your indoor air quality up to par. Here are some of the indoor air quality services R.J. Nelson can help with:
• Furnace Maintenance – Furnace maintenance is often overlooked. Dust, mold and pet hair can clog up your blower and coil and reduce airflow which will cause your system to run inefficiently. Let us keep your system running at its peak. We also can refer you to a reputable duct cleaning specialist to clean your duct system. This keeps any dirt in your duct system from traveling throughout your home when the furnace or air conditioner blower is on.
• Air Filter/Purifier – We use Honeywell air purifiers to remove even smaller particles than your furnace or air conditioner filter can remove.
• UV Light – UV lights kill any mold or mildew that could form inside your HVAC ductwork.
• Humidifier – we use Honeywell humidifiers to replace moisture in your air. This will reduce static shock, bloody noses, sore throats, and dry, itchy skin.
• Programmable Thermostats – installing a programmable thermostat will make your home more comfortable, but more importantly, it will help you reduce your energy bills.
• Fresh Air Dampers – fresh air dampers eliminate humidity which will help your home feel cooler in the summer.
If you have issues with allergies, humidity, hot and cold spots, or even energy savings, let us know. There are numerous ways we can improve your indoor air quality. Just give us a call at 712-322-7574 and we’ll send one of our experienced heating and cooling technicians to your home to help.